Before reaching out, please review our prequalification requirements.Become a Subcontractor
Turner supports a healthy and more equitable future for our people, our business, and our planet through our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy.
Our vision is to be the highest-value provider of global construction services and technical expertise while we make a difference in the lives of people, customers, community, and the environment. Being purposeful, measurable and transparent as we build and implement change today will transform tomorrow.
Our Projects: Support a Sustainable and Resilient Built Environment
We will work with our business partners and clients to influence decisions about the sourcing, resiliency, and sustainability of building materials and systems.
Our Operations: Reduce Our Operational Environmental Footprint
We will protect the environment by reducing energy, water and waste, while committing to mitigating impact on biodiversity and ecosystems.
Our Employees: Develop a Healthy, Thriving, Best-in-Class Workforce
We will support the continuous development of people in a healthy, safe, diverse, and inclusive environment
Our Business Partners: Create a Safe and Healthy Working Environment
We will promote the physical and mental wellbeing of people and build a more sustainable supply chain.
Our Communities: Grow Purposeful Community Impact
We will grow healthy and sustainable community partnerships and strengthen diverse and local businesses.
Our World: Drive Sustainable Market Transformation
We will introduce innovative products and services that make us better builders, improve the industry, and positively impact the world.
Our Business: Accountable and Transparent Business Practices
We will uphold the highest standards of business conduct and be transparent and clear with our commitments.
The success of our ESG strategy requires the effort of every employee at Turner. Our leadership team guides the company in overall strategy development and works with people across the company to make good on our commitments.
We are connecting a range of our existing programs, broadening our areas of focus, and connecting with each other, our clients, and partners more than ever before. As part of our ESG strategy, we are setting ambitious goals, formalizing our commitments, and sharing them publicly to be more accountable and transparent across seven areas of impact.
Support a Sustainable and Resilient Built Environment
Support Deliberate & Sustainable Design
- We will prioritize sustainability in our preconstruction process on all new projects. This includes promoting resilience planning, supporting energy efficient design, avoiding waste, increasing recycling and the use of circular materials, calculating and reducing embodied carbon, and incorporating human rights and health impacts during material evaluations in the design process.
- We will promote the use of existing building energy retrofit as a strategy for decarbonization.
Develop & Disperse Specialized Expertise
- We will advance professional service offerings with best-in-class sustainability subject matter expertise.
- We will increase overall employee awareness on sustainability topics relating to the building’s design and construction through trainings and resource materials.
Reduce Our Operational Environmental Footprint
Emission Reduction & Renewable Energy Implementation
- We will achieve Net Zero Emissions in our own operations (Scope 1 and 2) by 2030 and achieve Net Zero Emissions across our supply chain (Scopes 1, 2 and 3) by 2040.
- We will continuously assess our carbon targets to align with limiting temperature rise to 1.5 ℃ as set in the 2015 Paris Agreement.
Waste Avoidance & Diversion
- We will divert 80% of construction and demolition waste by 2025 and 95% by 2035.
- We aim to continuously reduce the total waste footprint of our projects through deliberate material selection and construction means and methods.
Water Management & Conservation
- We will decrease our potable water consumption by 10% by 2030, compared to base year 2019.
- We will assess water stress conditions in the locations where we build and implement water management plans for all new projects in water stressed areas.
Protect & Restore Biodiversity
- We will study our impact on biodiversity and ecosystems and commit to implement mitigation and restoration efforts.
Develop a Healthy, Thriving, Best-in-Class Workforce
- We will embed inclusive practices in all aspects of employee development and overall company strategy and continue to enhance the employee experience to ensure that everyone feels valued and respected.
- We will grow our team by continuing to exceed US demographics for diversity of college recruit hires.
- We will grow the construction industry pipeline through multiple engagement events per year with K-12 students in every office by 2024.
Advanced, Skill-Based Learning
- We will support both salaried and hourly employees’ learning and growth through role-based just-in-time training curricula.
- We will integrate knowledge of a broader sustainability strategy into the next generation of employees, increasing knowledge on topics related to sustainability such as biodiversity, circularity, human rights, etc.
- We will continually evaluate our performance review process to provide an equitable and actionable performance management experience for our employees and support their professional growth.
Create the Right Environment
- We will proactively support employee engagement and inclusion by creating a workplace environment where all people can be at their best, be authentic, and are treated with dignity and respect.
- We will work every day to eliminate hate and bias from our industry.
- We will offer innovative and best-in-class benefit programs for our employees.
- We will continue to enhance benefits and work experience for Turner trade labor.
Create a Safe and Healthy Work Environment
Promote Worker Behavioral Health Success
- We strive to create the safest workplace possible to create a culture where our projects experience zero incidents.
- We will support both physical and also mental wellness on all projects through access to health and wellness professionals and proactive wellness programs beginning in 2024.
- We will work every day to eliminate hate and bias from our industry.
- We will incorporate physical protection from severe weather events and other climate impacts into our project planning and risk mitigation processes for projects by 2024.
- We will monitor the temperature, air quality, and water quality of business unit and jobsite offices, to ensure a healthy work environment starting in 2023.
Build a Sustainable Supply Chain
- We will increase business partner knowledge and awareness of sustainability.
- We will actively engage our SourceBlue and Self Perform Operations teams to take a leadership role in learning and integrating sustainability in supply chain management.
- We will engage with industry organizations that support learning and growth associated with sustainability.
Grow Purposeful Community Impact
Engage Actively in the Communities We Build
- We will increase impact of charitable contributions and volunteer hours annually.
- We will grow consistent impact of identified community needs supported by increased employee participation and volunteer opportunities across all business units.
- When impacted by natural disasters, we will supply resources to provide relief to our communities and maintain an employee and company sponsored federal disaster relief fund to support our employees.
- We will establish and implement long-term programs and/or partnerships to proactively preserve ecosystems and increase biodiversity within our communities.
Support Economic Development in the Communities We Build
- We will develop and implement a standard project-specific community engagement process by end of 2024.
- We will increase labor participation rate for local residents with a focus on diversity to reflect local communities.
- We will increase participation with local or underrepresented business suppliers to 20% of Turner’s subcontracted revenue by 2028.
Drive Sustainable Market Transformation
Grow Sustainable Business Opportunities
- We will investigate, test, and implement new solutions to make our core business more sustainable.
- We will engage internal and external parties to identify, develop, and implement business opportunities to support future marketplace needs.
Prioritize Business Values
- We will enable employees to make informed decisions by continuing to annually train all employees on ethics and compliance.
- We will increase awareness of Human Rights industry risks by training all employees by 2025.
- We will actively engage business partners on the topic of Human Rights, to increase education, awareness, and disclosure.
Accountable and Transparent Business Practices
Standardized, Secure, and Transparent Processes
- We will support reporting and disclosure requirements of the places in which we and our group companies work.
- We will continuously evaluate and maintain sustainability criteria as key elements of our Enterprise Risk Management process.
- To increase process accountability and standardization, we have implemented ISO 45001 and will implement ISO 14001 by 2024.
- We will continue our risk assessment for top five risks related to cyber security for Turner employees, business partners and clients in 2023, and will develop and implement mitigation measures by 2024.
Ensure Client Satisfaction
We will actively engage with clients on the topic of sustainability and the support of their goals. We will develop and implement a method for timely measurement and corrective response to client satisfaction.
Executive Commitment & Accountability
We will integrate sustainability targets in compensation of the CEO and Executive Vice Presidents by 2025.
We have made tremendous strides with increasing equity and inclusion at Turner and on our jobsites, of improving safety and wellbeing, and reducing our impact on the environment. Yet, the challenges that we’re facing globally today require us to do more.
Our approach requires the collaboration and collective action across the company. In this way, we will amplify our impact! Learn more about how each of these groups are contributing to a better world.
Making a difference in the community through our relationships, our partnerships, and our investments.Learn More
Building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where are employees are at their best.Learn More
Leading through passion and technical expertise to create and sustain a healthy, prosperous and sustainable future for our people, clients, and the environment.Learn More
Pioneering advancements that will reinvent how we work, improve people’s lives, and shape the future of the industry.Learn More
Promoting an injury-free environment and the safest workplace possible for anyone on a Turner jobsite or office.Learn More