Eberhardt Hall Restoration

Previous Next

project at a glance

The Eberhardt Hall project consisted of the complete renovation and restoration of a rare Victorian Gothic building built in 1857. The 32,000 square foot structure, listed in the National Register of Historic Buildings, was converted to be used by New Jersey Institute of Technology Alumni for faculty functions. 

The exterior work included a complete masonry restoration that utilized chemically treated red brick and brownstone to match the original.  Stabilization via underpinning and the replacement of the front parking lot with a tiered terrace entranceway were also part of the exterior scope.

The interior work included the restoration of public areas with Victorian style finishes such as simulated gas lighting, wallpapers and wood trims. Appealing open plan areas were created through the removal of interior columns and carefully coordinated structural steel upgrades.  The interior spaces were also modernized with new mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems.

The project received the 2006 Donald T. Dust Recognition Award from the Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee on February 28, 2006.

For Services / Specializations
and Additional Key Contacts
See Office Network

*Office includes a Special
Projects Division or Interiors
Group